On Tuesday the 11th of May, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg handed down the 2021-22 Federal Budget.
The 2021-22 Federal Budget is a balancing act between continuing to support the COVID-19 recovery in the short-term and the long-term objective of budget repair.
Key initiatives include:
- Extension of temporary full expensing for asset purchases and company loss-carry back for 12 months
- Tax and investment incentives for the digital economy
- Extension of the low and middle income tax offset for 12 months
- Child care subsidy increase for families with multiple children
- $17.7 billion over 5 years to reform aged care
- $2.3 billion on mental health infrastructure and programs
- New and extended home ownership programs for first home owners and single parents
For the full details of the items announced in the budget, please click this link to access our comprehensive budget guide.
Sky Accountants Ballarat
Phone: 1300 328 855
Office Address: 902 Howitt Street, Wendouree, Victoria 3355, Australia
Postal Address: PO Box 2234, Bakery Hill, Victoria 3354
Sky Accountants Sunbury & Gisborne
Phone: 03 97444522
Sunbury Office Address: Suite 13, 33-35 Macedon Street, Sunbury, Victoria 3429, Australia
Gisborne Office Address: 45 Hamilton Street, Gisborne, Victoria 3437, Australia
Postal Address: PO Box 270 Gisborne Victoria 3437